CAREER OPPORTUNITY – CLINICAL SPIRITUAL CARE PROVIDER
Horizon Health Network is the largest health network in Atlantic Canada and is the second largest employer in New Brunswick with over 13,000 staff and 1000 physicians in over 100 facilities, clinics and offices. We are currently recruiting for a Clinical Spiritual Care Provider to join our team in Saint John.
The Clinical Spiritual Care Provider is responsible for providing spiritual and religious care to patients and their families.
WORKING FOR HORIZON HEALTH NETWORK
At Horizon Health Network, we offer a challenging work environment supported by an excellent network of dedicated professionals. We offer competitive salary, development opportunities, and a recognition program. This is a permanent full-time position in our Ridgewood Veterans Wing.
As a key member of our team, we will work together to provide Exceptional Care. Every Person. Every Day.
- Providing spiritual care and counseling based on clinical assessment, to patients and/or their families and staff.
- Attending or participating in patient rounds and patient conferences.
- Participating in hospital committees as requested by department manager.
- Participating in spiritual and multi-faith celebrations, commemorations and memorials respecting participant’s beliefs and practices.
- Participating in spiritual care programs and services.
- A University or college degree in Theology, Divinity or Spiritual Care and Counselling or a related degree program, and a minimum of one unit of CPE (Clinical Pastoral Education)
- Certification as a Spiritual Care Practitioner is preferred.
- The candidate must be a member of the Canadian Association for Spiritual Care (CASC).
- Written and spoken competence in English is required.
ABOUT THE COMMUNITY
Situated at the mouths of the Saint John and Kennebecasis rivers on the scenic Bay of Fundy, Saint John is a thriving urban centre with a proud heritage. It is Canada’s oldest incorporated city (1785) and home to the country’s oldest museum and farmers’ market. Saint John is a booming harbour city with a strong economy, well-known in business circles as the home base for the Irving group of companies.
Modern developments like the cruise ship terminal and high-tech port machinery are contrast against an urban backdrop of some of the oldest buildings in Canada.
The Saint John area offers you a broad range of affordable housing options, from heritage properties to executive homes within the city and in nearby Kennebecasis Valley. For spouses and families, there are excellent employment and educational prospects.
To apply or get more information, please contact:
Director of Spiritual and Religious Care
Saint John Regional Hospital
Horizon Health Network
Horizon Health Network appreciates expressed interest, however, only candidates considered for an interview will be contacted. Human Resources Department, Horizon Health Network.