Job Title: Advanced Care Planning Facilitator
Req ID: 15443
Location: Eastern Zone, Cape Breton
Department: Inspired Program/Respiratory Services
Type of Employment: Temporary Hourly FT long-term (100% FTE) x 1 position(s)
Union Status: Healthcare Unifor Hlthcare
Posting Closing Date: 25-Feb-18
Applications are accepted until 11:59 PM on the Closing Date.
Nova Scotia Health Authority is the largest provider of health services in Nova Scotia. We are over 22,000 employees who provide health care and support services in hospitals, health centres and community-based programs throughout Nova Scotia.
Nova Scotia Health Authority provides health services to Nova Scotians and some specialized services to Maritimers and Atlantic Canadians. We operate hospitals, health centres and community-based programs across the province. Our team of health professionals includes employees, doctors, researchers, learners and volunteers that provide the health care or services you may need. This is accomplished across four geographic management zones which are responsible for the operation of acute care health centres and the provision of a variety of inpatient, outpatient services including academic, tertiary, quaternary care and community based programs and services including continuing care, primary health care, public health, and mental health and addictions.
Reporting to the Administrative Team Lead of the INSPIRED COPD Outreach Program, the Advanced Care Planning Facilitation provides, either directly or through coordination of care with other professionals, psychosocial/spiritual support, and advanced care planning services to patients/families/caregivers living with advanced Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD).
The incumbent works with patients, families, and clinicians in both in-patient and out-patient settings, collaborates with team members in the development of individualized care plans along with the delivery, follow-up, and evaluation of care based on these plans, and provides sensitive, supportive care for INSPIRED team members as needed. As a quality assurance (QA) measure, evaluation of the INSPIRED program is an on-going process and therefore the incumbent will be expected to participate in team meetings and assist in the collection of QA data as required.
• Graduate of an accredited university program with a Master’s level degree in a relevant course of study (Masters of Social Work, Bachelor of Divinity, Masters of Divinity or counseling psychology) or with related experience and working towards such a degree.
• Current Professional Certification with appropriate professional body [e.g., Nova Scotia Association of Social Workers (NSASW), Canadian Association for Spiritual Care (CASC), , Association of Psychologists of NS (APNS), NS College of Counselling Therapists (NSCCT)]
• Minimum 3 years clinical experience preferred
• Experience working in the context of death and dying and/or palliative care considered an asset
• Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills
• Computer skills (Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
• Access to a car as regular travel is required for clinical visits
• Competencies in other languages an asset, French preferred
• Successful Applicants are required to provide a criminal record check (including Vulnerable Sector Search) before starting employment and assume any associated costs as a condition of employment
Hours of Work
Temporary Full-Time (100%) Position; 75.00 Hours-Bi-Weekly;
With an approximate start date of March 4, 2018 and an expected end date of April 1, 2019 (approximately 13 months).
These are anticipated dates and may be subject to change.
Advanced Care Planning Facilitator with Masters of Social Work (HTH 037):
$32.6356 – $42.9028 hourly
Advanced Care Planning Facilitator with Masters of Divinity (HTH 034):
$29.7115 – $38.83189 hourly
Thank you for your interest in this position. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. Typically interviews are held within three to four weeks of the closing date.
This is a Healthcare Unifor Hlthcare bargaining unit position. Preference is given to bargaining unit employees for unionized positions.
Employees are encouraged to view their seniority hours and dates in their SuccessFactors online profile.
Successful applicants changing unions, bargaining units or employment status, are advised to seek clarification regarding their seniority, benefits and vacation entitlement and/or usage, prior to accepting the position.
Nova Scotia Health Authority is proud to provide a smoke free and scent free environment.
Only online applications are accepted.
Follow us on Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/NSHA.Recruitment/
Please apply to the posting here: